Communication Do's and Don'ts
- Don't expect a man to listen to you if he's hungry.
- Do find a time and place that is comfortable and reasonably peaceful.
- Do give your full attention to your partner.
- Don't try to pour your heart out when your partner is dashing off to work.
- Do sit close to each other, and touch if you can.
- Do allow enough time.
- Don't let anything or anyone interrupt you unless absolutely necessary.
- Do your best to understand your partner's point of view.
- Do remember that men and women are very different.
- Don't lose your sense of humour!
- Do watch out for non-verbal signals - tone of voice, gesture,eyes.
- Do it! Listen!
PS. Do chose a creamy custard pie if the urge to throw something becomes irresistible.
( Excerpted by permission from from 'Hang on I need to say SOMETHING' by Gillian Warren, copyright & published by Gazelle Books, ISBN 1 899746 09 9, retail price £5.99)
Tip by Gillian Warren