Marriage first aid

Online support for your marriage

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet

Home > Forums
2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums  

Go Back   2-in-2-1 Discussion Forums > General > Marriage and society

Old 14th April 2015, 04:55 AM   #1
saraflen

Arrow Betrayed with 2 of them, but forgiveness?

Sorry, I am still new at this, this is my first post.

Anyway, I found this story about a breakup, and found this gentleman's ability to find forgiveness remarkable. Here is a portion of the story:

I forgive my wife for running away with a man she was having an affair with, and leaving me with our 2 kids.
One day I came home from work and noticed that kids weren’t home. I found this very odd, so I looked around the house and noticed that in the master bedroom, 75% of the closet was missing. On the dresser, there was a note in handwriting saying “Goodbye. –Rose”. Rose is the name of my wife.
I immediately got into my car and went to my children’s school because they have probably been waiting outside all alone for my wife to pick them up. When I arrived at the school, they were playing at the schoolyard with my daughter’s friend Molly, and under the supervision of her parents. Her parents approached me and told me that my wife never came so she decided to let the kids play in the playground until my wife showed up. I thanked her very much for watching my kids, bought all the children ice cream and went home.

After I made dinner for the kids and got them to do their homework I h

SOURCE: Link

I cant imagine how hard it is for him. How do you feel about this?
saraflen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2015, 01:30 PM   #2
chosen

Re: Betrayed with 2 of them, but forgiveness?

I am sure it took him time to do this, it says 2 years later he said he forgave her. Forgiveness is vital unless you want to remain in bitterness and anger.

However I will never have any respect for anyone who can walk out on their own children even leaving them waiting for you at school. Appalling behaviour
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2015, 06:15 AM   #3
saraflen

I agree, forgiveness is vital, especially for the children. On the other hand, I cannot believe how hard it must be for the mother to leave and never come back. Surely, she must have days where she wants to be with her children - (presumably) that's the nature of (most) mothers.
saraflen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2015, 09:58 AM   #4
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by saraflen View Post
I agree, forgiveness is vital, especially for the children. On the other hand, I cannot believe how hard it must be for the mother to leave and never come back. Surely, she must have days where she wants to be with her children - (presumably) that's the nature of (most) mothers.
It cant have been that hard for her, because she did it. If it was that hard she wouldnt have done it. There is no way on earth that I would ever have left my children no matter what. Some people are just very very selfish and care nothing for their responsibilities.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2015, 04:02 AM   #5
greggordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
It cant have been that hard for her, because she did it. If it was that hard she wouldnt have done it. There is no way on earth that I would ever have left my children no matter what. Some people are just very very selfish and care nothing for their responsibilities.

And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. – Matthew 6:12

What is the hardest thing we have to do in life? It is no understatement that when you totally forgive someone it could be one of the hardest things you do in your christian life. Our Lord includes forgiveness in the Lord’s Prayer as its one of the struggles that we will all have to deal with in life. Forgiveness is not an option but it is essential in our lives as even our Lord says that God will forgive us in relation to how we forgive others. Unfaithfulness, abuse, hurt, slander, and hundreds of other ways one can offend and cause one to have unforgiveness against someone. Forgiveness is a deliberate choice consciously to release feelings of resentment, hurt and vengeance towards another, though they do not deserve it. Not forgiving someone in your life can even cause physical problems, mental problems and definitely spiritual problems. Releasing someone in forgiveness is not holding that sin or hurt against another. To forgive is to fully release someone and bless them though they should be punished, or you could exact vengeance. Only when we forgive we can bless someone and pray for them to help them. But you say, “how can I fully forgive someone? and even bless them, they deserve to be corrected for their behaviour.”

In famous chapter on love, we are told that “it keeps no record of wrongs” (1 Corinthians 13:5). God’s desire for us is to forgive as Christ forgave us, that means to not hold sins against others and to bless them as our Lord blesses us. Vengeance is the Lords, but we should never wish even those who have hurt us, to be punished by the Lord and even be sent to hell. Forgiveness gives us joy and peace. When we dwell on grudges against others our body is affected physically and we start to have all sorts of problems of health. Forgiveness restores relationships, marriages and situations in the body of Christ. When we totally forgive someone we do not need to speak about it to others. Most people do not realize the extent they have hurt someone and therefore do not even understand they need to seek forgiveness. Therefore seek to forgive people privately even just before the Lord, give the situation, person, sin to the grace of God and never mention it to the other. Such releasing of debts and feelings to the Lord will bring great growth in your relationship with the Lord and will help you keep protected from the attacks of the devil. C.S. Lewis says, “To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you.” Are you holding onto that terrible inexcusable thing, what hurt are you holding onto? Fully forgive, bless and you will find you will be walking in the footsteps of Jesus.
greggordon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None