Marriage. A teaching document from the Church of England
By House of Bishops, the Church of England
A reaffirmation of the Church of England's teaching on marriage, which seeks to relate this teaching to the pastoral needs of people in communities today, so they may approach marriage with confidence. It includes:
- Why is marriage important?
- What are the challenges facing those who approach marriage?
- How is Christian marriage distinctive?
- How does the Church understand marriage breakdown?
- Does the Church believe that a further marriage is possible after divorce?
- How do we know God in marriage and marriage breakdown?
- What does the Church have to say to a couple who are living together without being married.
- What does the Church have to say to someone whose marriage has broken down?
Order now Church House Bookshop